Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I Still Knit

It has been such a long time since I have shown any knitting. I am starting to get my groove back. It is just taking a while.
I have loved all the sweet, subtle comments on Ravelry and in my email box asking if I just quit knitting all together. My knitting needles are still here, just taking a small rest.

This Captain Hat was knit for my oldest son, although my youngest son wears it the most.
For some reason, Blogger is not letting me link or edit any posts-I am not sure why. The pattern is a free ravery download-The Captain's Hat.
I knit this up and ran out of yarn, so I did not get to do the button band which is probably my favorite part, but who can not love a hat you knit up in a day? I am not even sure about the yarn, all chocolate brown scraps from my stash. Mostly alpaca, maybe some wool in there too.
I am really in the mood to knit for my babes-I am off to search through my pattern books!

11 comments:

Tif / Halu-Halo said...

i love seeing your FO's! what a great looking hat! sometimes you've got to let something go to miss it :)...so glad you got your groove back!

ELP said...

Very cute. Glad ou are warming up those needles!!!

QuiltedSimple said...

very cute! and so glad you are getting your groove back!

ColorSlut said...

Fantastic hat! Looks so cute on as well.

Stephanie said...

What a cute cap. Every time I give my knitting needles a "rest", I forget how to knit! Completely! Of course I've never been nearly as good at it as you are! You will never forget.

Hilary said...

I'm glad to hear you haven't put away the knitting needles! That hat is absolutely adorable. And knitting for young ones is the best...small pieces mean instant gratification!

Carolyn said...

What a great looking hat! Very cute!

Homeowner Insurance

bookbum222 said...

I am thrilled that you are a knitter -- and a good one -- which I learned after going through your site. I love your decorating sense, your ability to "see" possibilities. Where is your knitting/sewing room, though? Can we see a picture?

Yarny Days said...

How cute! Looks like the hat is well-loved.

Tanja @ Postmodern Hostess said...

That's so pretty! I have recently attempted to learn knitting, and it is slow going, to say the least!

hassan mouse said...

Find best Online Jobs on Facebook...
JobzCorner