Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Favorite Banana Recipe



I wanted to share my favorite banana bread recipe with you. I usually make muffins. It is easier for the kids to just grab one and go play outside after school.
I love it because it is not soggy like some other recipes I have tried.
In my baked goods, I always use white-wholewheat flour (King Arthur)
Raw organic sugar
Organic butter
Our free-range eggs
Sea salt
Organic milk
We go through a lot of this stuff, and it makes me feel better that I can make it healthier for my family without changing the taste.
Fermented Banana Bread:
1 3/4 cups flour
2/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 Cup Fermented bananas (about 3 bananas)
1/3 cup butter
2 tablespoons milk
2 eggs
1/4 cup nuts or chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350
Mix together 1 CUP FLOUR (save the rest, you will use it later) sugar, powder and salt.
Add bananas, butter and milk. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time and remaining flour. Mix until blended.
Fold in nuts and chocolate chips.
Bake about 30-35 minutes if making muffins, or 55 minutes if making bread (makes one loaf or a dozen muffins)

5 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

oh yummy! i love bananna muffins...i'll have to make these this weekend

Sue said...

What is powder?
I am reading in Australia and while most thing translate easily I have no idea what powder is

Chris {frecklemama} said...

How do you ferment the bananas?

Renee said...

Delish!
I just baked a similar banana muffin recipe yesterday. Will try yours next time. By fermented bananas do you mean very ripe?

Philigry said...

Renee,
yes, very ripe bananas!